Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=327&start_row=1

GMO vs. Organic

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/22/2004 8:42:45 AM

Greetings,

To I, there is no debate. GMO will destroy much of the world and humans. It is a very big mistake, and it will extremely hard to reverse this mistake.

Later on this weekend, I will speak about some things I know about GMO, that makes I think that.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 5/22/2004 4:20:26 PM

Blessed Love Jah Rasta Far I

ROOTS...Organic. Man in his inventions are destroying the perfection that JAH creatred for INI livity.

I am what I eat. I can call myself a "experiment" in natural livity. INI lived on natural food, grown by known farmers for 2 years and all temple problems cleansed from body and mind. JAH RASTA FAR I.

Lving back in the states has undone all that no matter how "healthy" I eat bcuz all the fresh produce is GMO.

Rasta movement is more than just talk and religion and politricks and such, it begins with each of I temple, the body. It is a starting point that strengthend the rest of the movement. It demands that we care for ourselves in the purest sense so that all the other social and mental ails are diminsihed becuz INI demand it of INI.

KNOWING that Perfection is INI birthright.

It does not take the endless studies of scientists to tell us what INI KNOW ..... The I-rator blessed INI with all that is needed to life a dn live in abundance......

Haile I Selassie I
LOVE IS THE ONLY LAW TO OBEY

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 5/25/2004 1:50:11 PM

INI are entirely in agreement with the I. One love.

I think I might want to join GreenPeace, ya know, do a bit more than just eat organic food and things, but actually support the battle. I want to research more into who they are, where my support would be going, etc. All that I've seen about them I like, I like PETA a lot too. INI know a lot of those people are ungrounded and things but I don't see the majority to be this way, plus battling wickedness with a little bit of madness is still battling wickedness nonetheless. INI just want to be sure I'm not being tricked by the Babylon shitstem.

One love

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/27/2004 4:21:48 PM

Greetings,

I had so many suspicions about GM food when I first heard about it. A couple of years ago I spoke to a genetic engineer to see if my suspicions were true. The genetic engineer is a brother of a friend of mine. I am first going to describe the process of genetic modification and then I will describe how Babylon can alter people's mood and temperment using GM foods.

Babylon has very little understanding of DNA. They can't pinpoint a particular characteristic in the DNA to only change that characterictic. What they do is they get a DNA strand from a plant or animal that contains the characteristic that they want along with a set of other characteristics. The new DNA strand is similar to the DNA strand that they are replacing in the plant, so it takes the place of the old DNA strand, almost like a puzzle piece. When they introduce the new DNA they don't just change the one characteristic of the plant, but other things change in it that they have no knowledge about.

The genetic engineer explained to I one of the processes that they use to mix the genes. They shoot out a spray of microscopic pellets that have the new DNA strands attached to them. The pellets are shot at a leaf for example. When this occurs some of the genes enter into certain cells and others don't.

They then grow all the cells of the plant. The cells that contain the new DNA still have the old DNA within as well. It is not until the cells split that the new DNA strand is separated from the old and replaces it in some of the cells. When the plant grows enough that they can recognize the characteristics of the changed DNA, then they separate the plants and grow only the ones that were altered.

After this, they do a little testing on the plant to see if they can find any problems caused by the unknown characteristics of the new DNA. If they don't notice any problems or dangers, then they just "assume" that the other characteristics are insignificant and don't affect the plant. But they don't have the slightest idea what these other characteristics changed, they only know that they can't see the change.

MOOD ALTERATION

I asked the genetic engineer if it is possible to change the DNA of a plant so that when we eat it, it will either provide us with, or cause us to produce a certain hormone. When you look at the affects of hormones like testosterone(can promote anger), adrenaline, or seretonin (involved in schizophrenia and depression), then you can see what is possible for Babylon.

The genetic engineer confirmed that it is possible for them to change the DNA so that certain hormone levels can be produced. And he also confirmed that doing this could alter people's emotions, temperment, strength, mental and physical health and so many other factors. But he then asked I "why would anyone want to do this?". I laughed to Iself when he said that, thinking how oblivious some people are to the ways and intentions of Babylon.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/1/2004 3:14:58 PM

I am a student at the Culinary Institute of America. I have done recent studies on the GMO deal. GMO stands for Genetically Modified Food. Basically what happend was one of the most high selling crops, papaya, was being grown. A certian part of the crop had deformations on the skins. This was caused by a virus. So what the scietists did was rebuild the DNA structure and thus created what is GMO. There are "benefits". One is people will no longer be subject to "those" viruses. Also crop yeild and making a easier life for farmers. Heres the concern. The government has been feeding the US GMO foods for a few years but know one knows it. These items are not labled, so if one was to get sick you wouldn't know what you got it from or how to trace it. So how do they know there is no allergic reactions? They don't. Although their handy dandy rats proved it safe. But I have never been a rat and I am still continuing to grow and agee this way. If you are a GMO scientist then please read the following

HUMANS ARE NOT RATS. I REPEAT HUMANS NOT RATS. HUMAN. RAT. DIFFERENT.

Now that we are clear on that my opinion would be to abolish this GMO processing altogether. They say theres no problems with health and everything else but fifty years ago tobacco wasn't bad for you either, and the world was flat. I also wonder, if this whole deal was safe and good why have they been secretly feeding it to us and not notifying us of this miraculous change? Thank goodness we have so many smart people here to fix all of Gods and mother natures technical flaws.

So I man Hail I God Jah Rastafari to the fullest. Jah put this struggle here for us to become strong as well as other tribulations. So chant them down with Rightousness and pray for them as well. It'a dread ina Babylon. More Fire!!

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/1/2004 3:55:14 PM

Greetings,

DreadNut, there are so many things babylon has given to us saying it is safe, and then later saying "Oop, sorry this product has killed a family member, or made them sick"

Asbestos, Lead in gasoline, the medication they gave to pregnant woman that caused severe deformities in children, etc., etc., etc.

Babylon only cares about profit, the only time they will remove one of their poisons from the market, is if it is costing them too much money to deal with the sickness.

This is babylon's way. I and I can't trust what they say, but I and I should listen to Jah voice and avoid the things that don't seem right.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/12/2004 12:08:54 PM

I don't know as much as the bredren do on this topic ... but I do know that InI are faced with severe food shortages in part as a result of drought, the one-crop system initiated by major MNC's in Africa, the barreness of the land, overpopulation in urban centres, the continued move to throw concrete over every living thing, so as to CREATE more living space for people ...

how do InI fight that? little by little?

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/12/2004 12:19:46 PM

what is GMO ?

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/12/2004 12:30:59 PM

genetically modified organisms

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/13/2004 10:16:47 AM

seen. already thought of that.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I