Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1763&start_row=1

Fire Burn try and hope

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/21/2007 10:10:36 PM

There is a Try and Hope that I don't burn, but instead support, and I will speak about that later. But the try and hope that is commonplace today I say Fire Burn.

try comes with failure, hope comes with failure.

When people say they will try something. That very statement assumes the possibility of failure. And the possibility of failure is faith in failure, and a possibility of failure is doubt of success and against faith in success.

When I speak of something I want to accomplish but have not yet accomplished I say I work to do it. And every day I don't accomplish it is because my Faith is not yet strong enough, and it means that I must increase my Faith, and burn out the try that is left in I.

The word hope is the same. Usually when people hope for something, they think it won't happen, but hope that it will, they think that their doubtful hope will make the outcome different then what they expect. But what they expect is their faith, their faith is not in what they hope.

The Hope I support is the Hope Selassie I teach. I have a medallian that Selassie I used to give that has an inscription on the back that says, "Hope established with Faith is a proven instrument of victory."

Hope established with Faith is Hope without doubt. And the only thing possible is what I and I have Faith in.

The Try that I support is as silver is Tried in the furnace seven times. It is the burning and purification of ourselves, to burn away the impurities that are different then God's way.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Kingston365 Sent: 2/23/2007 12:30:44 PM

I was reading this post and felt that it related quite well with something I wrote a few years back. It is included below.

May my words aid in development.

..Kingston..

---------

Yes all,

I give thanks to all who view these ideas...

I have been thinking about the relation between the words "hope" and "faith" and what role they should play in one's vocabulary. Especially the Rasta ones.

These words are defined as:

Hope - A feeling that what is wanted will happen

Faith - Unquestioning belief especially in God; complete trust

I feel that many use these two words interchangebly but really, based on definitions, should not.

To me, hope seems to be a position in weakness. Hope may have the sound of positivity but does it not have the ring of desperation in it? We one hopes for something, does this person not give away all of his personal power in an attempt to gain something. "I hope this..." to me sounds as if we have given up and decide to let fate reside in the hands of something or someone else. It is a move in desperation. Is this not, in actuality, fear based?

In contrast...

Faith, to me, seems to keep the power within ourselves. True, faith may take more effort to keep but keeping faith in something, hopefully Jah, is keeping the power within us. When we put faith in Jah that something will happen, we are putting the faith in oursleves to make this come true. Putting faith is Jah is keeping faith in us as we are one in the same. If we are in essence Jah, what can we not accomplish with faith...Jah can not fail and as such we can not either.

Although hope and faith are mere words, we should really take note to what we say and what the words we use actually mean.

Using the word "faith" in replace of "hope" should present ourselves in the true Rasta essence as we base our beliefs that Jah is our guide thorugh this journey of life.

I have faith that some will have input to further develop these ideas that are in my head.

Give thanks to sisMenenI...Bless sistren.

Humbly,

..Kingston..

------

full link for discussion responses found here.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.php?topic=920.msg3601#msg3601

*after posting this I have come to see the link does not work they way I intended. If ones wish to view the discussion in its fullness, I will post it here.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/23/2007 9:59:11 PM

Yes I,

I give thanks for the reasoning.

Here is the link to your post.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.php?topic=920.msg3556#msg3556

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Kingston365 Sent: 2/26/2007 9:30:05 AM

Thanks for the assist with the link.

I feel that it is most important that we,as conscious people, should be aware of what words we are choosing and the actual meaning attached to them.

humble,

..Kingston..

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/26/2007 12:31:04 PM

Thanks to the both of you as this reasoning hits close to home today especially. I read the original post the day it was done but had no reaction in that Jah see for me that the message would be crucial at a later time (today).

My horoscope, daily devotional, tarot, and various other manifestations all speak to the same issue. Again I thank you all for helping me get back on the right and true path.

RSK

Messenger: Kingston365 Sent: 2/27/2007 11:39:02 AM

Yes...

This is a wonderful thing.

..Kingston..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2014 12:32:11 AM

Bringing this forward for something else to Reason about.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I