Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=169&start_row=1

How are the people in your city?

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2004 4:13:06 PM

Greetings,

Here is a little story that I father told I when I was younger.

Once, there was a man that was walking down a road, and it split into two paths. There was an old man sitting in between the two paths.
The man asked the old man, "How are the people in that city", pointing to the right.
The old man asked, "How are the people in your city".
The man said, "The people in my city are very bad, they are very hot headed, and they like to get into arguments, they have no love, they don't care about anyone"
The old man said, "The people in that city are ten times worse".
So the man walked down the other path.
A second man came to the same place and asked the old man, "How are the people in that city", again pointing to the right.
The old man asked, "How are the people in your city".
The man said, "The people in my city are so great, they are the freindliest and most loving people I have come across, they are very generous and kind"
The old man said, "The people in that city are ten times better".

----------------------------------------

So the old man could see that the first man was not a good person, because he couldn't get along with his neighbours, so the old man didn't want him coming into his city. But the second man seemed to get along quite nicely with his neighbours, so the old man wanted him to come and join his city.

Jah Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 1/22/2004 4:51:54 PM

seen... that's really nice

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/22/2004 5:35:15 PM

ITES...Right that

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/4/2004 11:14:59 PM

As Burning Spear say, Social Living is the Best.

Some people are always in arguments. They cry that so many people are doing wrong to them and treating them unfairly. But these people that are doing wrong to them seem to get along with others very well. This is seen often in life with certain people. Some eventually realize the common problem in each of the relationships, and others always see many different problems. A different person for each problem.

A person who approaches strangers with the intention to war, will rarely find neighbours.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 3/5/2004 11:09:52 AM

Yeah man, seen... There is also an African proverb that goes- 'If there is no enemy inside, the enemy outside can do us no harm.'

'Don't ya know social living is the best'! BLESS UP RASTAFARI!!!

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/7/2009 9:15:41 PM

I was Reasoning this story to a Sistren yesterday and thought I should bring it up again.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I