Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1406&start_row=1

RasTafarI is I and I only Leader

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/29/2006 12:34:27 AM

Somebody on another forum posted about a RasTafarI group that he was forming. He was going on like he is a ruler, one of the requirements of joining his group was to believe that he is a shepard. He was also saying that Haile Selassie I is not Jah.

I and some other people posted reasoning concerning what he was saying and about his website. He then posted this:

-----------------------------------
well last night i had i dream or a vision tha might concern this or might not:

I was on a black mountain with red skies then H.I.M's face appeared an he started speaking Amharic then his face exploded an millions of big pearls went all around the earth an i got one then i went into the sky an saw the earth an i saw the pearls disappearing then i was in a cloud an a voice said "the wise learn from mistakes" an then i went back to the mountain an slept on my pearl

wa dis signify or mean and is this related?

So I posted this,

RasAlBosc,

Do you remember when Christ said,

Matt.7
[6] Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Christ was referring to the word when he spoke of pearls.

And Sight the word:

John.1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Jah, and the Word is Jah.

Haile Selassie I is Jah, RasTafarI is I and I only Leader. The Word created everything that exists. Haile Selassie I isn't a part of Jah, Haile Selassie I is the whole embodiment of Jah, Haile Selassie I is God. The pearls of your dream are also like the drops of the ocean I spoke about. There is no separation, all the pearls are One, all the pearls are RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I.

So don't seek to be a ruler bredren, and never bring it into your mind to dominate others. Seek to please Jah RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I. Do everything you do for Jah RasTafarI, live by the guidance and direction of Jah. If you trod for Jah, you will be rewarded by Jah, but if you trod for men, you will be rewarded by men. And history has shown us how men reward their brothers and sisters, with wickedness.

But don't trod for the reward, because by trodding for the reward, you are no longer trodding for Jah. And the reward will never come to those that don't trod for Jah.

Trod for Jah so that you can walk in the image that Jah created Man. As you learn also teach to your bredren and sistren, don't seek to rule them, that is not the way of Jah. Jah never tried to rule anybody, we can do what we want, wickedness or righteousness. Jah is always there to show us what is right, but it is our choice to listen or not. Righteousness is the only choice that will bring a Man to be One with Jah. And to trod without Jah will bring destruction, as Haile Selassie I teach I and I:

However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.

--Haile Selassie I

So keep the Word and Live the Word. The Word of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I that you saw as a pearl.

If you do your works for Jah RasTafarI, then RasTafarI will guide your way and you will see the purpose that Jah has given to you. And if in your trod Jah sends ones and ones to you to teach, be a leader, not a ruler, as Haile Selassie I say:

Leadership does not mean domination. The world is always well supplied with people who wish to rule and dominate others.

The true leader is a different sort; he seeks effective activity which has a truly beneficient purpose. He inspires others to follow in his wake, and holding aloft the torch of wisdom, leads the way for society to realize its genuinely great aspirations.

The art of leadership is in the ability to make people want to work for you, while they are really under no obligation to do so. Leaders are people, who raise the standards by which they judge themselves and by which they are willing to be judged. The goal chosen, the objective selected, the requirements imposed, are not mainly for their followers alone.

They develop with consumate energy and devotion, their own skill and knowledge in order to reach the standard they themselves have set.

This whole-hearted acceptance of the demands imposed by even higher standards is the basis of all human progress. A love of higher quality, we must remember, is essential in a leader.

The true leader is one who realizes by faith that he is an instrument in the hands of God, and dedicates himself to be a guide and inspirer of the nobler sentiments and aspirations of the people.

He who would be a leader must pay the price in self-discipline and moral restraints. This details the correction and improvement of his personal character, the checking of passions and desires and an exemplary control of one's bodily needs and desires.

To be first in place, one must be first in merit as well.

He who has not learned to render prompt and willing service to others will find it difficult to win and keep the goodwill and cooperation of his subordinates.

A leader will kindle interest, teach, aid, correct and inspire. Those whom he leads will cooperate with him in maintaining discipline for the good of the group. He will instruct his followers in the goals towards which to strive, and create in them a sense of mutual effort for attaining the goal.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/29/2006 6:43:49 AM

YEs Iyah
As ive said before on another topic, A true king is not the one with the most subjects, but the one who leads the most into royalty.

Jah Rastafari
none before or after

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/29/2006 9:03:13 AM

A true leader is a servant of the people.

To say that HIM is GOD is only part of the "story" to say that WE are GOD is the whole truth.

Atum
Eve
Naoh
Shem
Abraham
Makeda
Jesus the Christ
Buddah
Mohammed
Halie Selassie I

Who could you remove from this list....

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/29/2006 1:52:56 PM

Most Muslims interpret Mohammed as a prophet, or messenger who was chosen to tell of Allah. Not as the embodiment of Allah.
But I see the I's point. God is a part of each man and woman.

Messenger: zionI Sent: 3/29/2006 5:17:32 PM

To ArkI:

Iron sharpens Iron Ark I.

What is the I's reasoning to those who have quoted HIM as aying that HIM is not God?

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/29/2006 7:27:41 PM

Happily Ever After All

If you woke up tomorrow
And found your heart on a scale
Would it be lighter than a feather
Or
Heavier than a stone?
Sometimes babies walk into walls
Cause they aren’t familiar with
The properties of physicality;
Sometimes elders talk to
Those who have passed on.
What if today
Was the last one,
Forever.
Once, when I was a queen,
I looked down
And felt above
So God sent me to purgatory
And opened the gates
One to Heaven
And one to Hell…
As I took the
3-day ride to salvation
My humility
Made me an empress
I’ve lost everything…
My sanity
Vanity
Sense of security
Ideology
And most of all
My vision of truth
But once I was empty…
I became full filled…
I have seen the stars;
Spoken to angels
Demons
Saints and sinners,
I lost in order to know,
What found looks like…
I’ve been hungry,
Sick
Alone
Lonely…
I have cried tears.
I have bled blood.
I have been violated
And betrayed.
I’ve been the only one left.
The only one not standing.
The only one refusing to sit down.
I have been loved.
Loved hard and loved deep.
Rescued from despair
Lifted from death by unseen hands;
Certain death has never made up its mind
About me.
At least, not yet.
I’ve been to the top
Spoken to the few
And their message to you
Passed through me
There’s nothing up there
Stop climbing and
Spread your wings
I’ve been to the bottom
And spoken to the masses
They have a message for you too
Stop letting yourself be kicked
The bottom is bottomless
Don’t wait to hit the floor
Before you get back up
Every caterpillar wants to be a butterfly
But butterflies come from struggle
Only sinners want to go to heaven
Saints are already there
You can’t lead
If you can’t serve cause
A true leader is a servant of the people
God with a capital
Can’t live or die
Cause one can’t be done
Without the other
Any man who claims to be God
Is a liar
And liars can’t be the truth
So save yourself
Time is irrelevant
If you don’t care
Take time
If you don’t
You’ll never have enough
My life is a fairytale
I just haven’t gotten
To the happily ever after part yet
My Prince comes
But he drives an Altima
Instead of a white horse
Technicalities
Gentleman,
I implore you
Go out
Find you damsel
Your princess
Your beauty
Save her from peril
And give her ever after
With you
Ladies,
Be patient
If the brotha is running
A little late
Love is always the answer
Many more will die
Before the end
Are you prepared for eternity?
Do you have a survival kit?
Have you chosen a side?
You had better decide because
The angels don’t like you
They’re just doing their job
Won’t nobody save you
When you’re against all odds
Even if you didn’t know
It was the end of days
What makes you think
You won’t live to see it
How did you get to be so special
That the world can’t end
With you in it
What have you done to stop it
Do you even care
What if the lost generation
Is the last generation
No name
No history
No future
No hypothesis
Just lost
No search party
Lighthouse
Search light
Fog horn or
Breadcrumbs in sight
Just war and
Poverty
Natural disasters and
Climate instability
Genocide
And bio-engineers
What if you’re a clone
And don’t know it
Would there be a place for you
In Heaven
Or in Hell
How could you tell
Would you have a soul to sell
A penny for your thoughts
How much for your heart
What if tomorrow
Is judgment day
What would you say
To save yourself
Would you be a witness
For someone else’s soul
Who could you call to testify
On your own behalf
Would your momma love you
If you were her neighbor
Rather than her child
Whose burden are you
What good are you anyway
What color is your soul
How clean is your karma
What’s left to come back around
Are you afraid to die?
Have you ever really lived
Happily
After all

by Empress Nzingha

God is too big for one man/woman

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/29/2006 11:05:06 PM

Zion I,

RasTafarI never said that he was not God. Here is a reasoning I made on the quote people like to use to say that Selassie I is not God.

--------------------------------------------------------
Selassie I is One with Jah, Selassie I is Jah.

A lot of people use the interview answer below to say that Selassie is not Jah. But it is just misinterpretation of his words.

Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a man,' that 'I am mortal,'(I have heard that an Ethiopian that listened to this interview said that Selassie I never said mortal) and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"

When I look at RasTafarI's answer, this is how I Iverstand it. He showed the people that he is a man, and will be replaced by the oncoming generation. Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so he didn't come out(emanate) of God, any more than I and I. Both I and I and Selassie I come from the lineage of Adam and Eve.

Notice that he said that a human cannot emanate from God, but he never said that a human cannot be God. I and I can be God, but only by being One with Jah. I and I can't be God separate from Jah, as two gods. But I and I can only join with Jah, to be One with him, as One God.

Selassie lives by the example of Christ, so he became One with Jah by his destiny and livity. And all of I and I can also be One with Jah, by I and I livity. Selassie I said that "we should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity". This statement shows I that no man, not even the Son of Man Christ, emanated (or came out) from God. Christ was born of his mother Mary, and by his destiny and livity became One with Jah.

Jah first sent Christ born from a virgin, to show I and I the way to live. But afterwards, people made the excuse that they can't live without sin, or be One with Jah. They made the excuse that because Christ was born differently, that it was possible for him to live this way, but not for us, because we are born from mother and father.

So Jah sent RasTafarI to I and I, to show I and I the way to live. Haile Selassie I was born of mother and father, just like I and I, so we no longer have the excuse that we can't live without sin and be One with Jah. If Selassie I can be born like I and I, and still live without sin and be One with Jah, then I and I can do the same.

So I and I should know that it is not about I and I coming out of God to be One with Jah. But it is about I and I going to God to be One with Jah. And I and I go to God by living in His way and listening to His instruction and joining ourselves with the Most High.

Jah RasTafarI is One with Jah, and like I already said about One. One is One in completeness, no separation, and no parts. And I and I are supposed to be One with Jah also, this is the way to reach Zion, because no sin shall not enter in.

Selassie I is a Man that is One with Jah
----------------------------------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/30/2006 2:17:11 AM

[Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a man,' that 'I am mortal,'(I have heard that an Ethiopian that listened to this interview said that Selassie I never said mortal) and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"]

I am afraid I have to disagree with you bredren, but only on a technicality.
HIM neva say He is a human, HIM say I am a man. And he made a distinction between the two on purpose.
HIM say "I would be replaced by the oncoming generation," the next generation will replace my position as rightful ruler of Ethiopia. There is a generation of angels, star children, elves, sprites and the like following the path of justice to make whole what is broken and lead the good people of Earth into a time of peace.
HIM say "they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity." He said "the human being" not human beings, notice the distinction.
His Majesty was not a human being, he was a Son of Man. Hence hueman. mankind. homo sapien.

Exibit A
[Humans (Homo sapiens) are bipedal primates of the superfamily Hominoidea, together with the other apes—chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans, and gibbons. They are the dominant sentient species on planet Earth and define themselves in biological, social, and spiritual terms.] Encyclopedia.

Exibit B
[Man:
One possessing in a high degree the distinctive qualities of manhood; one having manly excellence of any kind.
An adult male servant; also, a vassal; a subject.
A term of familiar address often implying on the part of the speaker some degree of authority, impatience, or haste; as, Come, man, we 've no time to lose!
A married man; a husband; -- correlative to wife.
One, or any one, indefinitely; -- a modified survival of the Saxon use of man, or mon, as an indefinite pronoun.
One of the piece with which certain games, as chess or draughts, are played.
To supply with men; to furnish with a sufficient force or complement of men, as for management, service, defense, or the like; to guard; as, to man a ship, boat, or fort.
To furnish with strength for action; to prepare for efficiency; to fortify.
To tame, as a hawk.
To furnish with a servants.
To wait on as a manservant.] -Dictionary

Different, not the same. Humans don't die and become angels, angels are created not born. Angels don't die, they are destroyed. Son of Man is a species not another way of saying Human Being. God created Man in His own imange. Not gave birth to. Cain and Abel were the first human beings. Only God can create Man and WombMan. Hence the virgin mother. Read Revelations again, bredren. This is the time of rebirth. The time of cleansing almost done.

Everybody sing!
We'll be forever loving Jah!
RasTafarI!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/30/2006 9:21:12 AM

Nzingha,

What you say might be true. Since I don't know what Amharic words were used, I am not sure if the word translated into man, and the word translated into human has the same distinction that you made for the english words they were translated to.

And about the definition of human and man, the distinction depends on the dictionary source. For example:

-----------------------------------------
human

1. A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H. sapiens.
2. A person: the extraordinary humans who explored Antarctica.

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of humans: the course of human events; the human race.
2. Having or showing those positive aspects of nature and character regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals: an act of human kindness.
3. Subject to or indicative of the weaknesses, imperfections, and fragility associated with humans: a mistake that shows he's only human; human frailty.
4. Having the form of a human.
5. Made up of humans: formed a human bridge across the ice.

man

1. An adult male human.
2. A human regardless of sex or age; a person.
3. A human or an adult male human belonging to a specific occupation, group, nationality, or other category. Often used in combination: a milkman; a congressman; a freeman.
4. The human race; mankind: man's quest for peace.
5. Zoology. A member of the genus Homo, family Hominidae, order Primates, class Mammalia, characterized by erect posture and an opposable thumb, especially a member of the only extant species, Homo sapiens, distinguished by a highly developed brain, the capacity for abstract reasoning, and the ability to communicate by means of organized speech and record information in a variety of symbolic systems.
6. A male human endowed with qualities, such as strength, considered characteristic of manhood.
7. Informal.
1. A husband.
2. A male lover or sweetheart.
8. men
1. Workers.
2. Enlisted personnel of the armed forces: officers and men.
9. A male representative, as of a country or company: our man in Tokyo.
10. A male servant or subordinate.
11. Informal. Used as a familiar form of address for a man: See here, my good man!
12. One who swore allegiance to a lord in the Middle Ages; a vassal.
13. Games. Any of the pieces used in a board game, such as chess or checkers.
14. Nautical. A ship. Often used in combination: a merchantman; a man-of-war.
15. often Man Slang. A person or group felt to be in a position of power or authority. Used with the: “Their writing mainly concerns the street lifethe pimp, the junky, the forces of drug addiction, exploitation at the hands of ‘the man’” (Black World).

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/30/2006 12:38:13 PM

Yes, but if you disregaurd the definitions of Man that have the word human in them you can see the distinction. There is a diffrence between man, as in pronoun meaning male human, and Man, as in proper noun meaning species, seen.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I