Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=127&start_row=1

Reason

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/2/2004 8:11:39 PM

Greetings,

Reasoning is about speaking with a reason to speak.

Reasoning is also about speaking as One mind.

People usually debate instead of reasoning. I have seen this on so many forums, and I have seen it among people around I. I will explain what I see as debating. And then I will explain what I see as reasoning, and how it differs from debating.

When two people "debate", they each are trying to defend an opinion against the other. So one person only speaks about the good parts about their opinion, and never brings up the bad or the weak parts. The other person does the same thing about their opinion. Both are trying to "prove" that what they say is "right".

I remember in school, when they would hold debates, they would tell one person to defend the opinion given to them, and the other to defend the opinion given to them. They were encouraged to debate this opinion whether they agreed with it or not, it was just assigned to them.

This exercise in school helps people become better at debating, but doesn't help them come closer to the truth. It actually helps people get farther from the truth, because they are training theirself to only see the good parts of their opinion, and if they see any bad parts, they are encouraged to develop an argument to discount this criticism of their opinion, by hiding it in a maze of words, filled with snares. This maze can even hide these things from our own self, letting us believe a falsehood that we have already seen as false, making us fall in our own pit, and getting us caught in our own trap.

Reasoning is not debating, it is very different. If you are thinking through an issue in your own mind, where there are two possible choices and you need to decide which is the right choice. You don't debate against yourself to come to the truth, you REASON in your head. You weigh the good and bad of both choices and compare the weights to decide what choice you should make.

When I and I reason, I and I need to reason as One, or as close to One as I and I can be at the time. So that all people who are reasoning work as One mind, to come closer to the truth. When I and I reason like this, then we will not waste time trying to find ways to defend our opinions, but I and I will spend this time looking at our opinions, and if I and I see a strength and truth about the opinion, then I and I can speak it, and if I and I see a weakness, then I and I can speak it.

This will lead to truth, and it will lead to Inity and Oneness.

Come we go Reason now,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/2/2004 10:36:09 PM

seen

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 1/6/2004 6:00:45 AM

That's why I like this forum. Ark I, who invited mi here gives good guidance to all it's members.
I think here we a doing Rasta reasoning, and to me Rastafari is the truth, and only truth will set us free!
Let's face the truth however biter it will be.
Mloyi(i'n'i).

Messenger: OleGallis Sent: 1/6/2004 4:07:28 PM

Yes I seen! That's why I started my forum too Ark I! InI learned a lot from reasoning!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/6/2004 4:20:54 PM

Yes I,

There has been good reasoning on this forum.

All members are respectful of eachother, it is great to see.

Itinue Jah work,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: OleGallis Sent: 1/6/2004 5:42:57 PM

InI certainly will Ark I! Same to you! Rastafari!

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I