Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1142&start_row=1

Cycle of argument

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/15/2005 10:36:20 PM

This reasoning isn't about one particular person. It is about all. If you think that this doesn't apply to you then that is for you to decide (whether right or wrong). If it does, then hopefully you will learn from it. I don't know everything that was said in the cycle of argument that has erupted on this forum. I started reading but the useless arguments took up too much space and the Useful reasonings were too spread apart and I wasn't in the mood for sifting through arguments.

I don't like drinking a glass of vinegar just because I know that there is a little honey added to it. I would much rather drink the straight honey, or at the very least a glass full of honey with a little vinegar in it.

----------------

Usefulness is the essence of reasoning. Uselessness is the essence of Arguing.

Upliftment is the essence of reasoning. Downpression is the essence of Arguing.

Fighting for a cause will come from reasoning. Fighting for foolishness will come from arguing.

So often in the world, people are sparked by an argument about something valid, then the cycle of arguing resonates until the argument becomes about anything that follows, whether valid or not.

This happens in personal relationships between freinds and family and also between a man and woman couple. It also happens between groups of people, whether the grouping is about a common opinion, ideology, nationality, skin colour or whatever else.

For example, sometimes a person might become angry about something their spouse does. Sometimes they speak about this problem to their spouse and sometimes they do not. But what often happens afterwards is that one picks on the other about some small foolishness, and then the other picks back about some other small foolishness. This cycle resonates back and forth getting worse and worse until the breaking point.

Another example, two people or two groups have a difference of opinion and start arguing about the difference. Or one person or group offends the other and the arguing erupts. Then, as it escalates and resonates, the two start looking for arguments. And many times the arguments that follow would never be an argument if the first argument didn't happen.

What I mean by this is that one person could make a statement that wouldn't cause a bad reaction at all under normal circumstances. But when that same statement is made during the cycle of argument, the other will react with argument and offence. And the argument or offence that follows really has little to do with what was said, but it is rooted in that first argument that started the cycle.

Please consider what I am saying when you speak with others. Look for reasoning, not debate. Debate is about confrontation. Reasoning is about Iverstanding and Upliftment.

So before you react in argument, relax for a second, take in what was said and make sure that it is something worthy of an argument and worthy of the time, energy and stress involved. And ensure that you are not going to react only because of the resonance of a previous argument.

I guess for some people this won't really matter, because it seems that some people must enjoy arguing or something, that is probably why so many couples argue and so many people argue. Although I can't Iverstand what the joy is in this. I know that I much rather prefer Reasoning.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/15/2005 11:24:23 PM

Thank you so much, finally the end to all of this.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2014 1:31:03 AM

Bringing this forward because of its relevance.

Garveys Africa has ruffled some feathers with his opinion of the Bible, but he has shown more restraint and self control then some here who are defending Yeshua Christ and the Bible. People looking to Yeshua should Learn from the example of Yeshua. Haile Selassie I also shows the example of self control and peace.

Garveys Africa has also shown Iverstanding to those who Learn from the Bible, maybe not so much or at least not as apparent in the beginning, but after Reasoning. Some have rather aggressively insulted him on multiple occasions and he still shows restraint and desire to Itinue Reasoning.

I don't agree with everything he says but I and him are still able to have fruitful Reasonings.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2014 2:29:17 AM

Give thanks for the shout. And very relevant reasoning and honey analogy. I for one grow tired of going over this topic. With no real progression of reason. The original reasoning ended months ago. Then every so often there will be a resurgent. The point is to express all different ideologies within the faith and recognise why that person has come to that conclusion. I overstand why many Rasta declare Haile Selassie as Jesus. This makes sense through my respect for their logical reasoning. This doesn't however mean I have to accept it for myself. And vice versa. I engage in reason with people of many different faiths from Islamic,Kemetic, Athiest and so on. I am more interested in the logical thinking process / spiritual effort, which makes somebody reach their 'truth' rather than the specifics of the ideology. I do not subscribe to the idea that there is one truth, I see it as dependant on the plane of consciousness one is using based off their experiences. I do not look back to the Ancients for the 1 true religion. There is something which is shared.

Still, we are all sometimes guilty of trodding the line between reason and argument at times of enthusiasm.

Haile Selassie I is the Almighty.

(Last link to fix for I before I sign out brethren give thanks)

http://youtu.be/MlIAvLMbUBU

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/29/2018 7:44:57 PM

Another good reasoning in these times

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/30/2018 2:24:55 AM

I&i grateful that positive action was undertaken to break the cycle. It was really spoiling the potential spiritual value that the website offers. As the seeds of discord have reappeared, i hope that vigilance is continued to protect the Itegrity.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 11/30/2018 10:37:38 AM

Nesta talking about integrity!! Ahahahahaha

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/30/2018 5:58:54 PM

Well we all could use a little more integrity, now couldn't we ;-)

Good thread to BREAK the cycle of argument.

A question someone once asked me: If you could have any super power/ability you can imagine, what would it be?

My answer: I would like the ability to slap the "stupid" out of people and I would slap myself first! Then everyone else that needed a slap would get theres lol

No more foolish arguments for I. Gunna wash myself clean of it. Move forward out of babylon, get it out of my mind, heart and bones (babylon can't touch the soul)

Reasoning uplifts InI bredren and sistren. Each one teach one and iron sharpens iron.

Yes reasonings can get heated, thats iron sharpening iron, but when InI start attacking one another verbally, no longer focusing on the reasoning, then InI bredren and sistren gain nothing positive, rather just negativity InI gain and add to. InI should add to the positivity, teach and sharpen one another, not cut one another down.

Big ups to all InI bredren and sistren
Jah Love and Guidance

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/1/2018 12:29:57 AM

Kudos, Jahcub Onelove.

One must strive to bear in mind "Seek ye first the Kingdom of JAH and His Righteousness...." and "Whosoever diggeth a pit shall fall in it...."

In the mix-up, it's not easy to always maintain these in the forefront. We strive to stay on the path, we stumble, we get up & dust ourselves off, and we resume striving. It happens again & again, but Rasta never gives up. Such is the nature of the trod.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/1/2018 12:41:49 AM

Heart of love Nesta1, yes Iyah, may Jah give us the strength and guidance we need in these times, to forward out of babylon. And may Jah soften our hearts and may the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in Jah's sight.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I